Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Someone's Idea of Holiday Fun


Yes, this is Hubby at the lake, where we spent most of the weekend. His idea of fun is creating sand art of the largest kind. We had a wonderful day, soaking up the sun, sand clinging to everything in sight. I read a novel and listened to podcasts. Ella made a friend and played the whole day. Ham and cheese sandwiches never tasted so good. 

On Monday, we celebrated by have a large cook out for Jack's side of the family. We moved out to our deck, using the patio table and chairs we acquired last summer. We broke in our fire bowl and warmed up the grill. It was a feast to beat all feasts. I'm still full this morning. 

Now life has to find a pace for me. I've had some interesting writing offers over the weekend, and you know I'll accept because they fit in with the overall plan. 

Stay tuned tomorrow for the first of two real-life ghost stories. These posts were inspired last night as we told ghost stories around the fire and roasted marshmallows. I think, if nothing else, you will understand where I get some of my writing material. 

Ann

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My Goodness! That is so cool! I had no idea Jack could do that! Very cool!! How long did that take him?

Ann Hite said...

About thirty minutes! Sickening isn't it?