Friday, April 18, 2008

More Time and Ramblings

We've only had two comments on last week's reading, so I'm going to give it some more time before I post on the this week's reading. I have finished the book and found it one of the best books I've read. I had to read this in school, but I didn't recall any of the book as I read it again. I guess being an adult and a write puts a whole different spin on the read. That's all I'll say. 

I've been busy with several small projects, meeting deadlines, and of course working on my novel. Nope, I haven't worked on the memoir. I have put it to the side until I finish my second novel. The second novel will be completed in the next month. Yeah! It's title is Beautiful Wreck, so use your imagination. Sometimes I'm so sure of this work's message and on other days, I question the whole effort. Normal stuff for me. 

My Black Mountain stories, Life on Black Mountain, will be published in the next issue of The Dead Mule. The editor is a beautiful person to work with, and she really believes in these stories. My blog post on my writing process will be live on April 28th or there about. The magazine issue will carry eighteen of the original Black Mountain stories. One of these are brand new and being published for the first time. I've since written a new story called Wiggle Room. It features new Black Mountain characters, three sisters: Barbara Jean, Carley, and Ida Tee. This story sprang from my effort to discover more about sister relationships since I don't have a sister. The voice in the story emerged in a writing practice exercise in my online writing group. I hope to find a home for this piece soon. I have only sent it out to one place. I've been so consumed with novel writing. 

I finally received my copy of The Last Lecture. This book has sold out everywhere. If you listen to Randy Pausch speak, you will understand why. He has a powerful message. I strongly suggest all of you to order the book. 

Today is Friday so I have to go write now. I don't get a lot of writing in over the weekends. Would I write on the weekend? I'd write all the time if I could get away with it. Do something creative today! 

Writer Woman
better know as
Ann

No comments: